DVD/ Blu-ray Author
An exciting opportunity has arisen to author DVD and Blu-ray discs for some of the world’s leading entertainment brands.
The ideal candidate for this role will have previous experience in an operational environment as well as good co-ordination and scheduling skills.
About The Role
- Author DVD and Blu-ray discs for a range of film, television and corporate clients
- Digitally deliver masters to replication facilities
- Encode /transcode video and audio to specific DVD and Blu-ray specs.
- Manage disc capacity, performing bit rate calculations
- Perform full quality assurance and spot QC tests of encoded files
- Achieving quality targets as set out by Visual Data
- Contribute to the smooth running of the department and ensure that clients’ work is delivered efficiently, on time and to the highest possible standard
- Create DVD images for broadcast and home entertainment screeners.
- Maintaining a high standard for the quality of our work
- Following agreed procedures and effectively planning workload
- Understand and follow studio technical specifications
- Ensuring work is properly scheduled and prioritised to ensure customer deadlines are met
- Work closely with team members and co-ordinators to ensure all projects run smoothly and are completed on time
- Effectively interacting and communicating with both staff and clients
- Digitally delivering DDP image files to replication facilities
- Attending frequent catch up meetings with your LM.
- Proven experience creating retail DVD and Blu-ray discs using Sonic Scenarist (SD and HD systems) and Spruce Maestro
- Some Graphic design experience using Photoshop and After Effects, having created menus for DVD and Blu-ray titles is advantageous
- To have a ‘no job is too big and no job is too small’ attitude
- Strong organisational skills – complete work assigned in a timely and accurate manner
- Good communication skills
- IT Literate