Data I/O Librarian
Visual Data’s digital data team is looking to recruit an experienced data librarian.
Working alongside our digital content creation and delivery teams the ideal candidate will have previous experience in a digital operational environment, as well as possessing good co-ordination and scheduling skills.
Main areas of responsibility; day-to-day file checking, delivery, storage management and long-term cataloguing of digital files within Visual Data’s media asset management software.
- Assisting with file movements; identifying required files in our digital asset management system and ensuring those files are ready for processing by other digital operators.
- Checking digital files prior to delivery, ensuring that they all meet the required delivery spec, (including but not limited to; file type, bit rate, frame rate / standard, audio tracks and the presence of textless elements)
- Renaming, transferring and registering of content with a digital asset management system upon completion of job.
- Adhering to file naming conventions and established working protocols.
- Capture, enter and update metadata into a digital asset management system.
- Looking for ways in which efficiency and productivity can be improved
- Ensuring critical data backups are completed and data is transferred as and when required
- Capacity planning and management of production data storage.
- Upon confirmation of asset validity, delivering the assets via agreed method – Hard Drive, LTO, FTP, Aspera Faspex, Aspera P2P.
Required experience and attributes:
- Must have +1 years data management experience in the TV/post-production environment
- Knowledge of broadcast production terminology (series, episode, version, production numbers, etc.)
- Excellent IT skills – email, MS Office (particularly Microsoft Excel)
- A sound understanding of the concept of databases and metadata
- Thorough technical understanding of video and audio deliverables, including codecs and wrappers, as well as frame sizes, frame rates, interlaced vs. progressive, Mix vs. Mix Minus vs. M&E.
- Fantastic communication skills
- Self-directed individual with strong organisational skills
- Fluent English (reading, writing and spoken) with excellent spelling – Note: there may be a written test
- Proficient analytical skills
A permanent position is available – but opportunities exist for short-term, contract, or freelance staff
The salary offered is dependent on experience
To apply for this job please send your CV and covering letter to cglaridis(at)visualdatamedia.com