|You will need a minimum of one year’s QC experience, working within a quality control department, checking over Broadcast and VOD mastered deliveries.
Knowledge of Netflix and iTunes packages is advantageous.
In this full-time position, you will be required to work on multiple projects, while completing tasks accurately and to deadline.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Checking video runtimes of features, television shows, trailers and bonus material
- Checking metadata packages for iTunes, Netflix and other major platforms
- Testing all audio, subtitles and closed captioning for sync and positioning
- Navigation testing of DVD and Blu-ray menus
- Running QARs, including assessing material for international broadcast
- Conducting QC to an ITU 5 point grading scale
- Video compliance checks within established guidelines for delivery to a variety of international broadcasters
- Reporting findings in a clear, concise and easy-to-read manner
- Maintaining contact with the Head of QC and project coordinators regarding issues and status of projects
- Collaborating with the rest of the QC department to review results and resolve problems.
Skills & Experience Required
- Understanding of monitoring tools such as Vectorscopes, PPMs and Waveform
- Experience of testing foreign language and multi-territory projects
- Competence in ITU 5 point grading scale
- Knowledge of PCs, Mac, VOD, DVD and Blu-ray technology
- Operating and controlling a wide range of broadcast specification equipment
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to stay focused and attentive
- High standard of written English
- Good communication skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to quickly and seamlessly integrate into our existing team.
- Previous experience in handling metadata for iTunes or Netflix
- Dolby Vision or HDR/SDR QC processes
- Experience of testing foreign language projects
- Working knowledge of DPP specs.
- Adobe Premier, additional knowledge of Final Cut Pro would be a beneficial
Salary will be dependent on experience.
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org