Digital Technician – London
About the role:
Our digital technicians are responsible for editing, transcoding, conforming and packaging film & television content for the leading global streaming and VOD platforms and international broadcasters.
The digital technicians work closely with our client services team.
- Conforming and delivering content to VOD platforms including, but not limited, to iTunes, Netflix, Amazon and Google.
- Edit material within established guidelines for delivery to a variety of broadcasters.
- QC material prior to delivery and utilise various tools to analyse problematic content.
- Integrating into a team with various levels of experience.
- Ensuring work is carried out to a high standard and delivered on time.
- Abide by security policies and protect information assets entrusted to you.
- The ideal candidate for this role will have previous experience in an operational environment with good knowledge and understanding in post-production media workflows.
- Understanding of video compression and the various codecs used by broadcasters and VOD platforms.
- Experience with Adobe Premier and DaVinci Resolve.
- Familiarity with a variety of transcoders including Telestream Vantage and Adobe Media Encoder.
- Prior experience using Eztiles and MacCaptions to create captions and subtitles for VOD platforms would be advantageous.
- Competent with both Windows and Mac OS.
- A positive attitude when experiencing obstacles and enthusiastic to get things done.
- Good communication skills, have the ability to prioritize your own workload, and the capability to collaborate with and assist other team members.
- Attention to detail and a perfectionist mind-set is paramount in this role.
From this role you can progress through departmental levels of seniority or move across to other operational areas of Data and QC teams.
To apply for this position send a CV and covering letter to